When it comes to network security, it is easy for small to medium-sized businesses to say “not me”, “they are only after the big guys.” The reality is that attacks on all networks have been increasing year after year as hackers have become more sophisticated, and small businesses are being affected every day by relaxed or non-existent security policies.
A 2013 study showed that 1 in every 5 small businesses networks would be compromised. With the ever-increasing technological advances, it is likely that since then, these numbers have climbed, posing a significant risk for a potential breach, lost or stolen data, or some type of malicious threat.
There are a number of ways ITLogix in Charlotte NC area helps to ensure that you are at minimum risk:
- Updates – Keeping computers and network equipment updated is one of the most effective steps to preventing a possible network security issue.
- Firewall – A common mistake in small to medium business networks is the lack of a business grade firewall solution. Often business owners are unaware of the difference between having a network router and having a network firewall in place. We provide a pfSense firewall to all our customers, as part of our solution.
- Passwords – Password and password protection are proving to be an area that needs attention when discussing network security. Using sophisticated software and tools, hackers are easily gaining access to small business networks through simple or default passwords. Using our Dark Web Monitoring tool we can detect if and when your companies credentials are compromised
- Antivirus/Antispam – Most people know that antivirus and antispam software are necessary components of network security, but many people don’t realize why its so important until their computer or network is infected with a virus, malware, spyware, or a host of other potentially dangerous issues. Utilizing Barracuda for Email Security and Data Loss Prevention.
- DNS Security – As the industry’s first Secure Internet Gateway in the cloud, Cisco Umbrella provides the first line of defense against threats on the internet. Because Umbrella is delivered from the cloud, it is the easiest way to protect all of your users in minutes.
William got me logged into my email on a new computer in less than 30 seconds
We partner with a number of industry leading security providers such as Cisco Umbrella Vipre, pfSense and Barracuda.
Average Waiting Time
Reactive Tickets Closed
Same Day Fix (Calls)
Same Day Fix(All)
Overall SLA's Met